What a public transport passenger has to know?
One e-ticket is valid for one person, for a certain number of trips. If a ticket for several persons is needed, then you should buy a group ticket for two or three persons.
Every time, after entering a public transport vehicle, you have to register your e-ticket immediately by putting it close to the validator.
You have always to register every trip regardless of the type of ticket loaded into the e-ticket.
One can carry in Riga public transport free of charge:
- hand luggage with the sum of sizes (height, length, width) not exceeding 300 cm or length not exceeding 180 cm;
- bicycles, which should be put in a free space inside the vehicle without causing discomfort or injuries and damaging the vehicle; the bicycle owner has to make sure that the bicycle does not move inside the vehicle;
- children until 7 years of age.
A passenger is not allowed to carry:
- hand luggage that may endanger the safety and health of passengers or the driver or significantly affect their comfort;
- dirty or stinking objects;
- a hand luggage with the sum of sizes (height, length, width) exceeding 300 cm (in vehicles with 16 passenger seats – 120 cm);
- a hand luggage with length exceeding 180 cm (in vehicles with 16 passenger seats – 115 cm).
Transportation of pets:
- it is allowed to carry in public transport no more than two dogs held on a short leash, a single pet’s ticket for EUR 1.50 is to be bought for each dog;
- animals can be transported free of charge if carried as hand luggage, i.e. in a special container or bag;
- a disabled person with impaired vision, declared in the Republic of Latvia, may carry a dog as a guide, after presenting a document confirming the status of disabled person;
- a passenger is not allowed to carry a pet having infectious diseases or pets which are not vaccinated.
*It is a short version of the regulations, the full version is available here.