Check validity of your e-ticket!
Check expiry date of your blue e-ticket!
"Rīgas satiksme" calls on those public transport passengers who use blue e-tickets to check their expiry dates.
How can I get to know the expiry date of my e-ticket?
The expiry date of blue personalized e-tickets is written on the e-ticket (see the picture). As for non-personalised e-tickets, one can learn the expiry date from a printout of the e-ticket contents which is available at any place where e-tickets are sold.
How to get a new e-ticket?
1. Electronically. You have to fill in an electronic form (click on the button below) and choose the customer service centre where you would like to receive a new e-ticket/"Riga resident’s card". After your data are processed, you will receive an SMS/e-mail to the address stated in the form with an invitation to visit the customer service centre, having an identity document and the expiring e-ticket with you, and to receive the ready e-ticket/"Riga resident’s card".
2. In a customer service centre (see working hours and addresses here), you have to present your expiring e-ticket and identity document, after which a new e-ticket or "Riga resident’s card" will be printed. You can apply for visiting the customer service centre in advance:
- If you fill in the electronic form, the photo from the expiring e-ticket will be transferred to the new one. If you want a new photo on your e-ticket, please visit a customer service centre (see working hours and addresses here).
- If you have applied for visiting a customer service centre in advance, please visit it on the set date.
- If you try, but fail to apply for your preferable date and time, please visit a customer service centre (see working hours and addresses here).
- Your e-ticket will be replaced by a new one free of charge, if undamaged.. An expired e-ticket is to be submitted to a customer service centre (see working hours and addresses here). If your e-ticket has been intentionally damaged, you will have to pay EUR 2.85 (2.00 LVL) for a new one. Blue non-personalized e-tickets are replaced free of charge only during six months upon their expiry date, after which EUR 2.85 must be paid.
- If you are a Riga resident, you can receive either a personalized blue e-ticket or a "Riga resident’s card" (read more about the blue personalised e-ticket here, and about "Riga resident’s card" here).
For other questions and more information, please visit "Rīgas satiksme" customer service centres, our website at www.rigassatiksme.lv, social networks "twitter", "facebook", "draugiem.lv".